Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shhhh!

Shhh it is a secret. I have decided to do something really crafty. So I do not always do things that are crafty..the mood hits and I have to pounce on it...or it will be gone like a summers breeze.

My friend and neighbor is Pete. He is a great neighbor. And the other day he gave me a mess of fish...already filleted. Got to love that. It was great, we had a fish fry with wonderful fish that he had given us.

So here I sit, wondering what I could do to repay him. I decided to make him something. He is only a part time resident here. And at the bottom of his drive he has a piece of wood nailed up to a tree. When he comes he always tacks up a piece of something or other saying that is his place. I have decided to make that sign at the bottom of his drive a little bit more permanent. I ordered a wood cut out of a Bass and a Deer. I am also getting Letters. Going to paint up a sign that says Pete's Place on it.

Now mind you, I have never done this before but it has been on my mind for a while that something needs to be there. And it is not like I am a Martha Stewart type. Not even close. In fact I am the least artistic person in my family. I guess it skipped me.

So wish me luck on my crafty endeavor.

1 comment:

  1. I got all my pieces in place and have painted them. Now all Ihave left to do is put it all together and hang the sign for Pete...shoudl be hanging this weekend!

    ReplyDelete