Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dancing

There are some thing that I do and I do well...and there are some things I do that I love to do and really do not do well but will do it anyway.

That is dancing.

I love to go out and dance. I will dance with anyone. And yes my husband does not mind as long as I know who I am going home with or to. Now there is a new place in town called the Pickin Palace. They have food, music and dancing. I love to go on Saturday night and listen to the music. And maybe I will get the chance to dance. Sometimes I dance with Don. He just loves to get up and shake his thing. He is fun to dance with. Last night he was there but he brought a "Friend". She was beautiful. Is Beautiful. From Costa Rica. I am happy for him. But I lost my partner for the night.

But that is Ok...I had a new one. Now my husband was there. And JD asked me if he would mind. I laughed and said not at all. JD is a great dancer. He is full of energy. And extremely hard to keep up with. He is also 90 years old. He celebrated his 90th birthday in September and he is still going. We danced several dances together. And he was not even breathing heavy but, I on the other hand, was sucking wind. He was just plain fun to talk to and to dance with.

Now do not get me wrong, I did dance with my husband. We did a slow dance. But he really can dance. And he is not happy when I have a hard time following. I would love to take dance lessons to learn how to do the dance steps. But I do live in the middle of nowhere and there are no dance studios. Plus Shawn is an over the road truck driver. And getting lessons when he is home would be hard to plan. Of course I would want to take lessons with him.

So I dance. Not great at it. But I do shake my own thing to the music and love every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment