Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello All

Welcome,

My name is Melinda. I am a married mother of 1 who, one day, got tired of the city life and moved to the country. OK so I do miss a lot of things about the Chicago area. Chinese food, fast food, museums close by and the such. However I do not miss the traffic, drive by shooting (and yes Lansing IL had a few of those), the very noticeable drugs and the schools.

But here in Hemphill, TX we are doing just fine and adjusting. We do not have close fast food places. The nearest McDonald's is 45 minutes away. And the nearest big city is Houston which is about a 3 hour drive. But living in a very small town (pop. 1100) has its benefits.

I know my neighbors. My son is in a school where the class size is about 20 per class and he is is doing great. He is on the football team and gets a lot of play time. I see a lot of wildlife. we live by a lake which is fun to go play on. It is warm pretty much all year with only a little bit of cold time. I could go on and on.

So I am blogging my life here in itty bitty vs. the big ole city. About what I am learning and where I might be going.

Take care,
Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment